With a history traceable back to the 1950s, The Tour of Britain is the country’s premier road cycling event and largest annual free to spectate sporting event.
The tour was a grueling 8-stage race starting in Glasgow with the final in central London. There were three stages in the southwest, including a summit finish of Haytor on Dartmouth and a challenging time trail in the heart of Bristol on the penultimate day.
Time of Year
ŠKODA UK have supported The Tour of Britain for the past six years.
To end the cycling season on a high, ŠKODA wished to broadened the cycling appeal yet further on this national tour by ensuring that people get closer to the action thus enhancing the likeability, credibility and talkability of the brand.
What We Did
- 50 vehicles for the race; support and race cars
- VIP hospitality at all finishes in our premium 40ft, double deck mobile unit
- Promo zone at all finishes consisting of branded inflatable tent, display VRS with cycling accessories, 3 promo staff and a caricaturist
- Sponsor of the three King of the Mountain stages offering free coffee and cake to spectators plus a competition to win a signed KOM jersey
- 6 activation points in London for final day of tour:
- Regent Street VIP hospitality for 100 guests with goodie bags
- Charing Cross, offering hospitality to Eisberg London cycle guests in a event unit, Fabia display car with cycling accessories and cycle simulator
- North Terrace. Inflatable event tent, VRS car display with cycling accessories, caricaturist, 2 face painters and branded giveaways
- ŠKODA Corner. Picnic benches and deckchairs, 3 caricaturists, children tables and stools with design a jersey competition
- Whitehall. Superb display car on raised plinth
- Eisberg London Cycle. 50 bikes and helmets, bike racks and easy up tents for registration
45 Xpression staff worked on this action packed event. We covered over 2,000 miles and gave away 1,600 free coffees and cakes, collected over 1,000 competition entries and 700 caricature pictures were drawn.